For all enquiries and full position description, please contact us via email or phone.
** Please Note - all Applicants wishing to apply for any job vacancies listed herein will need to supply a cover letter with a current CV/Resume and references. This can be done by way of email or fax.
Location – Meander, Northern Tasmania
Job Type – Permanent, Full Time
Attractive Remuneration Package / Long Term Opportunity
Start Date – Flexible (by Mid-June 2019)
A position has become available for an experienced and competent Dairy Farm Operator (FLH5 – FLH7)) to join our client’s large scale progressive dairy farming enterprise ideally located at Meander in Northern Tasmania (only 10 mins to Deloraine – 45 mins to Launceston).
The position on offer would suit someone with a ‘high level skill set’ - who is passionate about the dairy industry and wishing to pursue a long-term career in the dairy sector. Formal qualifications would be highly advantageous, but not essential. However, previous experience with a minimum of 4-5 years in the industry is essential with a strong focus on cows and pastures.
Working under the direction of the Farm Manager you will be required to work independently as well as in a team environment. You will:-
Duties will include, but not limited to:-
Our Client Offers:-
Applications are open to permanent Australian Residents and NZ Citizens. Our client may offer sponsorship to a potential candidate (depending on qualifications and experience).
Please email all applications to email@example.com to include a cover letter, Resume and current references.
Location – Stanley, Tasmania
Start Date – Flexible, by Mid July 2019
Long term position offered – opportunity for advancement as business grows
Flexible roster system – work / life balance
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Senior Dairy Farm Operator / Herd Manager on our client’s large scale dairy enterprise in Tasmania (10 mins Stanley / 20 mins Smithton / 1 hour to Devonport & Ulverstone which offer all leisure, fishing and outdoor activities - all year round).
The farm is predominately pasture based and consist of approximately 265 hectares – milking up to 700 cows. Spring calving pattern. 110 hectares under centre pivots.
KEY SPECIFICS - The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position
- Must have ability and initiative to work independently - without supervision
- excellent skills and knowledge in milk harvesting / all facets of herd health / animal husbandry
- self-starter who is highly motivated, competent and efficient
- competent with operation of tractors and machinery
- Sound knowledge / skills with all facets of farm maintenance
- current driver’s licence with reliable transport
- subject to random drug testing
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- daily milk harvesting - independently
- herd health / mastitis treatments / vaccinations
- heat detection / assisting with mating programs
- herd testing / record keeping
- maintain milk quality and assurance / dairy hygiene
- assisting with calving down of cows
- operation of tractor / feeding out to stock
- fencing / weed control / general farming practices
OUR CLIENT OFFERS
- Start Date: Flexible, before mid July 2019
- Flexible Roster system – work / life balance
- Attractive Remuneration Package on offer (competency based)
- Accommodation may be available – dependent on employee
- Work available for partner (milking / calf rearing )
- Long term position offered – opportunity to step up into senior management role
Email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org to include a cover letter, Resume and current references.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Address P.O. Box 26 Strathmerton, VIC 3641
Open Hours Monday - Friday: 9am to 7pm | Saturday: 9am to 1pm | Sunday: Closed